[OM] Problems (?) with an overhauled OM-4

Subject: [OM] Problems (?) with an overhauled OM-4
From: b k <brtlmj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:38:06 -0800 (PST)
Hi everybody,

I am new to the list. So far I've had a mild form of zuikoholism, but it's
getting worse so I think I will fit in ;-)

And here is my problem...
I bought an OM-4 on *bay. It was supposed to be in a "perfect working order".
Well... it wasn't (I wasn't even surprised). So I decided to get it overhauled.
Now I have my camera back and I _think_ that some of the original problems are
still there. But, those may be "features not bugs", and I am not sure if I
should send the camera back to the repair shop. So I have a few questions to
you, more experienced Zuikoholics ;-)

1) AFAIK, the spot metering area should coincide with the microprism area. In
my camera it appears to be higher by about half a diameter of the circle
(checked by metering a circular light source).

2) After I make a spot measurement, the tiny diamond(s) sometimes move just by
themselves, without me changing anything. This happens more often for some ASA
settings.

3) This one is a bit complicated. When I make one or more spot measurements (in
AUTO), each is represented by a tiny diamond, and the shutter speed is
represented by a bar. If i decide to use exposure compensation, the bar should
move, and the diamonds should stay where they were, right ? In my camera, for
some ASA settings, turning the compensation dial by 1/3 EV moves the
diamonds... shutter speed does not change. Similar thing happens in MANUAL mode.

The question is: is it all normal ? Or at least "within factory tolerances" ?
And if it is not, can it be fixed/can it be expected to be fixed during an
overhaul ? All the faults were pointed out when I sent the camera to the repair
shop...

Thanks !

Bartek.