[OM] Re: Small revolation

Subject: [OM] Re: Small revolation
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:10:08 -0800
on 12/4/04 12:32 AM, Gordon Ross at gordross@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Jim:
>
> I know what you mean, a few have said it, that on the regular gear, prices
> are  or have fallen, but on the 2.0 gear the prices are holding. I am down
> to the last item on my wish list  a 100/2.0 and talk about boxes, the
> bidding goes up if the cardboard is present. There have been two lately on
> evilbay, one was a buy it now that Piers told me about a $699 Buy it now but
> althoug it was nice I think that around $400-500 is my range so I passed-
> then there was a very nice LNIB in Singapore that ended up at $910.00 !!!
> ( I think that it got into a little ego battle between two guys).
>
> If anybody has a 11/2.0 for sale or a line on one please let me know.
>
> Gord

Yes, the 100/2.0 seems to be a little high at over $500. I got my very nice
example for $390, came to just under $400 with shipping. Still looking for a
couple of other less usual lenses, and those seem to be rare enough that the
prices are holding higher than I'm capable of going right now... but
someday...!
--
Jim Brokaw