[OM] Re: OM to 4/3 adapter (Now RANT)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to 4/3 adapter (Now RANT)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 06:25:27 +0000
I can't help but agree Skip!

I am on the cusp of selling my beloved Bronica RF645 (I'm still not
sure ...) to finance a DSLR; the decision would be made for an E-1 or
E-300 with the added incentive of an adaptor.  Without it, I am
considering going fully Nik*n AF with the D70 and the F80.  I would
really like the C*non 20D, but the price is still a little high for the
dosh I shall have available.

But what is most irritating for me is the local Olympus dealer,
Campkins of Cambridge: after all the information I gave them around 4
months ago, they are still saying that the adaptor officially does not
exist.  I expect that most of the senior management don't have access
to a computer, if that is the case, and have not kept in touch with the
rest of the world.  For that matter, I am not sure why I bothered to
email the General Manager Sales ...

Chris

On 1 Dec 2004, at 22:42, Skip Williams wrote:

> I wonder how much they are going to get from sales of the adapter?
> $5-10k?  It hardly seems worth it.
>
> How about this?  You're Olympus UK.  You drag a new customer into your
> shop from the competition next door, cajole and convince him to fork
> over $3,000 on a new, unproven camera system.  He has to buy all new
> lenses for maximum quality, the accessories are overpriced, and it
> gets beat up on MPs, the typical benchmark yardstick for quality,  But
> you convince him of the benefits, image quality, and build.....OK, now
> you've just about got him......He bends over to see that neat adapter
> in the cabinet that might let him play with a few of his old OM-System
> Zuikos that aren't out yet in the ZD mount.   "It's free if I buy the
> camera, right?".....QUICK, kick him in the ass and laugh as he flops
> over on to the floor.....Gee, wasn't that funny?   "Oh, and how would
> you like to pay for that sir?"   The response in many cases?  "FO,
> I'll walk next door and take that 20D the other guy tried to sell me.
> A**hole!"
>
> Sorry for the rant, I couldn't resist.
>
> Skip

<|_:-)_|>