[OM] Re: OM to 4/3 adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to 4/3 adapter
From: "iwert" <iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:59:40 +0100
> Skip Williams schrieb:
>
> > I heard on another list that new US-based, E-300 owners are still
> > getting the same it's-free-if-you-ask deal for the adapters.
> >
> > I can't understand the mentality of some of the distributors wanting
> > to charge for such a low-value items.  It's definitely a hook-'em
> > type of product, generating more sales of E-System equipment than it
> > ever costs.
>
> that was exactly my point in the german oly-e list. Actually the listmum
> there did inquire at Olympus because he thought the arguments worth
> forwarding to Oly. He was told that even 200 USD (or Euro) would not
> cover the costs.
>
> :D

Doro,

can you scrape a bit of the black paint of your adapter off? Is there solid
gold under it?
If Kindai can make an adapter for 165,- and sell it with profit, the Olympus
one must be of precious metal or have a special aspheric $ element in it!
(I have to admit however the Kindai one probably doesn't come with such a
nice box and blue velvet)

Iwert.