[OM] Re: Oly Auto Ext. Tube - Disassembly question

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Auto Ext. Tube - Disassembly question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:54:44 -0500
Andrew said:
But first I'll head to the local electronics shop and buy myself a
cross-point screwdriver (now that I know it's not a Phillips-head).

I have about 4 sets of small screwdrivers.  My favorites for working on
cameras are from a set I bought at Sears Roebuck.  I can't recall what
the package was labeled but I believe they are cross-points vs Phillips
since they fit the camera and lens screws so well.

They come in a set of 5 or 6 flat and cross-points with blade lengths of
75-100mm.  The handles are about 12mm in diameter for a decent grip. The
heads of the handles are color coded and they rotate so, when the screw
is loose, you can press down on the handle tip with a finger and spin
the driver quickly.  The handles are labeled "BENCHTOP" and "TAIWAN"
along with the tip size and shaft length.

While the shafts have a silvery steel color, the business end of the
shafts are black giving the appearance of a hardened or treated surface.
  Whether they are or not I don't know but they do work well.

I can't recall the price but I doubt is was more than $10-12 for the
package of 5 or 6 drivers, maybe less.

Chuck Norcutt