[OM] Another photo store bites the dust

Subject: [OM] Another photo store bites the dust
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 07:18:14 -0500
This is probably of specific interest only to those in the Atlanta, GA area
or anyone who likes to buy up a lot of stock.  Yesterday I stopped by
Camera Country USA, the camera/photo shop closest to my home, in hopes of
finding something Zuiko recently traded in for a new digital Xmas
present.  Approaching the door I spotted a "going out of business"
sign.  Starting today, 12/1 and running through 1/31 (I was told 12/31 if
they sell enough inventory) the inventory will be liquidated.  I'm not sure
of just how much they're discounting initially although I suspect, like a
lot of liquidations, the first cut will approximate what customers pay via
mail order.

As for the used gear, it's the same stuff that's been on the shelf for
months.  More Nikon and Canon than anything else.  Only three lenses are OM
mount-one Zuiko 28, two aftermarkets.  No OM bodies.  One of the staff told
me that the film processing side of the business has kept them going for
some time and even that's not what it was thanks to everyone having the
ability to be their own "lab" with the current technology available.

Sad to see another mom and pop small business go down the tubes.

Gary