[OM] Re: focusing rail knob question

Subject: [OM] Re: focusing rail knob question
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:06:41 -0600

My parts page shows an unusual number for the screw used on the knob of the
focusing rail and stage (screw type ACU2x3SA, part #WE120009), a number
different from the one shown on the bellows (screw type NU2x3SN, part
#WE119168).  Once or twice I've encountered products where Olympus used
ultra-tiny hex-head set screws and this may be one of them.  You might try
getting a couple of the smallest hex drivers you can find and try using them
to loosen/tighten the set screws.  If that doesn't work, I'd leave it be.
The diagram shows that the set screw locks the knob to the shaft, but as
long as the screw doesn't back out too far, the knob will not unscrew
completely.  In it's present state, it's just a mild inconvenience, but
booger it up and you'll hate yourself in the morning!