[OM] Re: focusing rail knob question

Subject: [OM] Re: focusing rail knob question
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:24:39 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service wrote:

> Once or twice I've encountered products where Olympus used
> ultra-tiny hex-head set screws and this may be one of them.  You might try
> getting a couple of the smallest hex drivers you can find and try using them
> to loosen/tighten the set screws.  If that doesn't work, I'd leave it be.

The set screw used on the bellows front knob (the one with the stop down
lever) can be unscrewed using a hex driver known as P19 (0.035").  I have
one made by Xcelite and it works great on the bellows.  If you don't have
the correct tool I'd leave it alone as it will be next to impossible to
remove the set screw once it has been damaged.  All the other knobs seem
to use standard slot set screws, but I guess it's possible the hex set screw
may have been used on them as well.
                                        -mark