[OM] Re: focusing rail knob question

Subject: [OM] Re: focusing rail knob question
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:34:55 -0800
My focusing stage
http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/macrophotogroup/focusing_rail_&_stage.htm
has a slotted screw holding the knob connected to the pinion gear.

The focusing rail is supposedly the same as the bellows. My bellows rail
mount also has a slotted screw on the knob connected to the pinion gear..

Perhaps someone couldn't find a screw and put a pin (the hollow kind used
for locking gears knobs etc to shafts) in its place. You might be able to
push it out or back in with a paper clip or stiff wire.

-jeff
(perhaps Olympus changed their hardware from the screw to a pin)