[OM] focusing rail knob question

Subject: [OM] focusing rail knob question
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:38:35 -0500
An annoying thing happened last night. I was shooting macro, with
camera/tube/lens pointed straight down, on a focusing rail. There was a fair
bit of weight, so I had the "tension" knob set fairly stiff to prevent
creep. I turned the knob on the rail mount to raise the camera, forgetting
to either support the weight or loosen the screw, and it suddenly "gave".

Now the knob has about 180 degrees of play in it, though it still works.
There's a teeny set screw on the knob shaft, but it seems to have a round
hole in the middle. I looked carefully using a 50/1.8 loupe (thanks for that
idea, someone), but it just looks like a hole. Doesn't even look like a
stripped hole. There's one on my bellows that's the same, though others have
slots.

Is it pooched? Do I need a special tool?

Thanks, Andrew