[OM] Re: moonlighting

Subject: [OM] Re: moonlighting
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:06:19 -0700
on 10/20/04 2:13 PM, Roger Wesson at roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm about to start experimenting with very dense filters, aiming to take
> photos of everyday scenes with exposures of hours or even days - push
> the 'artefacts' to extremes!  We shall see how the early efforts turn out...
>
> Dr Roger

One to me intriguing effect of this is to make the people in a public space
disappear... I've seen pictures where the exposure was so long relative to
the speed of people walking through the train station (for example) that all
the people disappear except for ghostly images of the paper-seller and the
door guards, etc. Calls to mind the original Star Trek episode where the bad
guys were all super-speedy and Kirk and Spock cooked up an accelerant to
catch up with them...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

and a few Star Trek episodes down the line...