[OM] Re: moonlighting

Subject: [OM] Re: moonlighting
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:34:36 -0600
I had to laugh when I read this. People work so hard completing a doctorate
degree that the use of the title means a lot. I worked in a laboratory where
many of the employees had doctorates and in some groups they all were at
that education level.  The term "doctor" was only used in external
correspondence or activities. Within the facility, people just did their
jobs and titles didn't mean squat. New employees, especially those with
fresh doctorates, were in for some serious razzing if they wanted to be
called "doctor".

/jmac