[OM] Re: Bid names

Subject: [OM] Re: Bid names
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:50:10 +0000
There have been a few occasions when I have refrained from bidding on an item
because I recognized the name of a bidder as being a list member.  But in each
instance, the auction was for something I didn't REALLY have to have.  If it
had been something I REALLY wanted, it wouldn't have mattered if my mother had
been bidding.

Strangely, though, since I got a second M.18V control trip from a list member a
few months ago, I haven't bought a sisngle thing and have actually even stopped
looking, so I'm no longer a threat.  Those who buy, sell and trade gear all
usually have a lot more stuff than I do, but if it's not something I'm fairly
sure I'll use, I won't buy it, and I seem to have reached the point that
there's nothing else in the realm of OM gear that I need, at least nothing I
want at the price such things as an OM-3Ti or one of the big whites would fetch.

I just finished an inventory of my stuff to update my insurance, and, just for
grins, here's the list of my OM gear, omitting the little things, like screens,
caps, hoods, etc.  There's nothing on the list in worse than VG condition, and
most things are between EX and LN.  I'd be interested in hearing any opinions
about what additional bits and pieces others think I ought to have.  The
numbers in brackets, of course, indicate how many of whatever.

BODIES & BODY ACCS.
OM-1n, black
OM-1n, silver
OM-3
OM-4 [3]
OM-4T, black
OM-4Ti, black
OM-4Ti, champagne
Motor Drive 1 (old type)
Motor Drive 1 (new type)
M.15V NiCd Control Pack 1
Motor Drive 2 [2]
M.15V NiCd Control Pack 2 [3]
Charger for M.15V Control Pack [3]
M.18V Control Grip 1
M.18V Control Grip 2
Extra battery holder for M.18V Control Grip
1.2 meter relay cord
5 meter relay cord
Winder 2 [3]

ZOOM LENSES
19-35mm f/3.5~4.5 Phoenix w/hood
28-105mm f/2.8 Tamron w/hood, case
35-80mm f/2.8 Zuiko w/hood
35-105mm f/3.5~4.5 Zuiko
65-200mm f/4.0 Zuiko
80-200mm f/2.8 Tamron w/hood

PRIME LENSES
17mm f/3.5 Tamron w/hood
21mm f/2.0 Zuiko w/hood, case
24mm f/2.5 Tamron w/hood
28mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Jena
35mm f/2.0 Zuiko w/hood, case
35mm f/2.8 Zuiko shift w/case
38mm f/2.8 Zuiko macro
50mm f/1.4 Zuiko
50mm f/1.8 Zuiko (silver nose)
50mm f/1.8 "MIJ" Zuiko
50mm f/2.0 Zuiko macro
50mm f/3.5 Zuiko macro
80mm f/4.0 Zuiko macro
90mm f/2.0 Zuiko macro
90mm f/2.8 Tamron macro w/hood, case
100mm f/2.0 Zuiko w/case
135mm f/2.8 Zuiko w/case
135mm f/4.5 Zuiko macro w/hood, case
180mm f/2.8 Zuiko w/case
300mm f/2.8 Tamron w/hood, case, 1.4X, 2X, rear filters
300mm f/4.5 Zuiko w/case
400mm f/6.3 Zuiko w/case
500mm f/8.0 Zuiko
1250mm f/10 Celestron w/hood, case

OTHER STUFF
Olympus 1.4X-A teleconverter
Olympus  2X-A teleconverter
Telescopic Auto Tube 65-116
7mm auto extension tube
14mm auto extension tube
25mm auto extension tube
Auto Bellows and double cable release
Macro close-up f=170mm lens
Varimagni finder w/case
Macro focusing stage [2]
Slide copy attachment for bellows
6V Power Pack 2 [2]

FLASH GEAR
T-45 [2]
T-45 Ni-Cd battery pack charger
T-45 Ni-Cd battery pack [2]
Olympus AC flash adapter 2 [2]
Quantum Turbo-Z battery and charger
Quantum Olympus T-45/T Power Control 1 cord
M Grip Cord 2 [2]
T Power Control 1 [3]
T8 Ring Flash 2
T10 Ring Flash 1
Cross ring polarizer for T10 ring flash
T-28 Macro Twin Flash
Macro Flash shoe ring
F280
F280 wide angle adapter
T20 [2]
TTL Auto Connector T20 [2]
Accessory Shoe 4 [2]
0.6m TTL Auto Cord F
0.6m TTL Auto Cord T
2m TTL Auto Cord T
5m TTL Auto Cord T [2]
Multi Connector [2]

Walt, who got probably a third of this stuff by sniping

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --