[OM] Re: Bid names

Subject: [OM] Re: Bid names
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:01:46 EDT
Gord,  I got real creative with my bid name which is the same as my  email
name which is "nsurit".  I'm posting this to the list, so that when  someone on
the list reads the list you are putting together they will be  forwarned.  If
you see me bidding on something, I am either bottom fishing  or just marking
the place for when I come back.  If you see me bidding  please bid against me
if you want the item as that will help to determine fair  market value.  I'm
not real interested in the market going down. If there  is something out there
that I really want, you will only see my name after the  bidding is over . . .
if I'm successful at sniping it.  That is, in my  opinion, the only way to go
if you are trying to buy something from ebay. Set  your magic number and
getouttatown.  You don't get tied up in the heat of  battle and the market will
set
the value.  That's my 2 cents worth for the  afternoon.

I've been laying low for a while, however some on the list know that I buy
and sell OM gear from time to time.  Still do and don't plan to dump all my  OM
gear.  I was about $125 short on my snipe at the big OM 3Ti and 4Ti kit  with
lenses last week on ebay.  The point of this is simply to put the word  out
that I am alive and well, enjoying my e-1, still using my OM and if anyone
needs something OM, it might be worth your time to contact me off list.   Most
of
the harder to get stuff, like the macro lenses and such, I'm not ready  to
part with, however let me know what you need and I may have it. You know
things
like a -5 diopter for your eye cup 1 or maybe the 0 diopter, or a  bellows,
or a camera body or whatever.

An aside: A few months ago I posted to the list that one of the local  stores
had several of the Olympus LT 1 35mm cameras in stock that were new in  box
at $75.  They don't come with the Olympus warrantee, however for a  pretty neat
little camera, not a bad deal.  They have just moved and when I  went to
their new location Friday, notice that they had perhaps a half dozen  left.
Brown
leather only and no more of the ones with the panoramic  feature as the last
one went to a list member.  If anyone is interested,  let me know and I'll get
you contact information on Camera Co-op in  Houston.  Bill Barber