[OM] Re: new OM2S locks up

Subject: [OM] Re: new OM2S locks up
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:01:18 -0700
Andrew McPhee wrote:

>I can back this up.  I've bought three camera's (OM-2, OM-4, Trip 35) via
>eB*y.  The OM's were described as fully working but I found it not to be
>the case, the sellers were either blatantly lying or just plain dumb.  The
>Trip 35 was mis-described and in cruddy condition although working okay,
>the seller was being less than honest in his assessment.  In all three
>cases I threw their descriptions back at them and got full refunds, no
>arguments at all.
>
>On the other hand I've bought Zuikos via eB*y and have had nothing but good
>experiences and bargains.  But of course there's much less to go wrong with
>a lens than a camera body.
>
>Andrew McPhee
>
>PS. As I was typing this the postman delivered my latest eB*y camera
>purchase. A Trip 35 for my 5yo son in as-described condition and it appears
>to work fine. My faith has been partly restored!

I've had roughly the opposite experience with cameras. I've had one body
develop a problem shortly after I get it, fortunately something I could
fix. Otherwise, I've had cases where cosmetic condition was overstated,
but also where it was understated, and none that didn't work. No, I take
that back, I have one with a slightly misaligned mirror, but I didn't
discover that until long after buying it. On the other hand, I've had
several "parts" bodies described as not working that were just fine with
proper batteries. Just one person's experience with the 'Bay, YMMV.

Moose