[OM] Re: BW Paper revisited part II

Subject: [OM] Re: BW Paper revisited part II
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:16:04 +1000
At 10:38 AM 6/10/2004 +1000, Matt Boland wrote:
>Tmax 100 is my fave B&W film. I haven't tried it in Tmax
>developer yet, but I'm going to give it a try. I've only had a darkroom
>for about a year, so I'm not sure what you mean by N+1, N-1. Also, how
>does xtol and Tmax 100 perform? (Through an OM1 and 4T of course, just
>so there's OM content here!)

I also have never tried Tmax 100 with Tmax developer, must do that one
day.  I usually develop it in ID-11 (the Ilford D-76 clone) at 1:3 dilution
and get good reults.  Never tried xtol simply because I've never seen it in
the shops.

>Also, Tmax 100 seems to have a red
>anti-halation layer which takes some washing. Someone told me that if I
>saw red wash water I was not fixing properly. What's your thoughts, Ag?

As Schnozz mentioned, just fix it a bit longer and the red layer
disappears, a good wash finishes it off.

>What's a good non Ilford 400 speed + developer combo?

Tri-X in D-76, nuff said...

Andrew McPhee