[OM] Re: E-300 specs

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 specs
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:55:40 -0700
The reason given in the days of film(sorry guys) was that part of the
frame was hidden under the edge of the slide or the negative holder in
the enlarger or scanner and that the viewfinder was allowing for that.
With digital we really use the whole frame and some of the
manufacturers seem to have gotten the message. Especially in these days
with acres of black stuff around the image in the viewfinder you would
think the view could take in the entire image.

On the other hand I would argue that the 4% you are talking about is
not really significant. #1 is that it is a digital camera and you will
have an editing program that can easily crop out anything that you
want. #2. What is 97%? On a a 24 x 36mm slide it is about .2mm border
all around the slide. Not much detail there.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA