[OM] Re: New Lens To Me Also - Schneider

Subject: [OM] Re: New Lens To Me Also - Schneider
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:58:32 -0500
I have the f/2.8 version of this lens and it is outstanding compared to the
mediocre Kodak consumer lenses.  If the f/3.5 version is simply a 2/3
f-stop slower formulation it should be a stellar performer.

Schneider-Kreuznach is perhaps second only to Carl Zeiss and has made a
very solid niche for itself in the medium format and especially projection
lens markets . . . professional and consumer; cinema and slide.  Schneider
also makes B+W filters.

Projection lens quality does make a BIG difference!

BTW, his touted "used" price in the description is much too high.  The
f/2.8 incarnation of the Vario-Prolux (same focal length range) sold for
about $130-$140 new several years ago . . . definitely *under* $150 and
that's new.

However, the auction closing price looks decent.