[OM] Re: New Lens -- To Me

Subject: [OM] Re: New Lens -- To Me
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:29:14 -0500
Skip,
I did some very quick research before buying it . . . your remarks echo
what I found about its performance.

Gary Reese's evaluation gave it exceptional marks compared to many others
in its class . . . A's and B's across the board with nary a "C" anywhere .
. . slight barrel to pincushion across the focal length range (expected in
a zoom) . . . high contrast and outstanding in the fall-off (no excuse for
any issues with this in long glass).

IIRC, Photodo didn't list it . . . but if it performs as well as the
35-105/2.8 (Photodo=3.6) and Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5 (not rated by Photodo)
I'll be well pleased.  I've found anything that rates above 3.5 on Photodo
performs exceptionally well.  Eight well-shaped aperture blades help the
bokeh.  It was made from 1985-1992 which could make the hood a tough find!

Thanks,
-- John Lind