[OM] Re: New Lens -- To Me

Subject: [OM] Re: New Lens -- To Me
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:18:19 -0700
You got a winner there, John. One of the truly great lenses.

As Steve says, the hood is 82 FH, and a hefty piece of metal it is, too.
Not as tough to find as the tripod mount, but you can use a slightly
modified Oly 300/4.5 mount on them. Good luck with the search.

Lens, hood and tripod mount all fit into a  Lowepro Street & Field Lens
Case 3 like it was made just for them.

It is all to easy to break the tripod mount by over tightening it. I
might easily have done so myself, if I hadn't been warned. Using it on a
monopod and holding on firmly with both hands, it seemed to me that the
mount wasn't really quite tight, as I could feel some subtle movement
with my hands. Further investigation revealed that the mount actually
has some flex in it. The flex doesn't affect anything, except if it
leads to overtightening.

I'm envious of the lack of zoom creep on yours.

Moose