[OM] Re: Austin TX

Subject: [OM] Re: Austin TX
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:09:43 -0400
Ah, Austin.

The key words are "6th street".  Austin bills itself as the "live music
capital of the world" and there are many, many small places along 6th (and
the surrounding area) that he will really enjoy.

He should also try (not on Tuesdays, they're not open), the Mexican food at
Matt's Famous Mexican (I'm drooling just thinking about it).

A walk up the stairs at Mount Bonell (mju in hand) is worth the walk.  The
botanical gardens are beautiful it he's into flower photography.  He has his
choice of lakes. I'd suggest a walk along town lake, which is right through
the center of town and maybe some time on the beach at Lake Travis, if he
finds the time.  Hippy Hollow is interesting, if he forgot his bathing suit
(if you get my drift).

I don't know what a decent National is, so that one is hard to help.

Depending on how long he'll be there, San Antonio is also a nice day trip.

Austin is just great fun.  Have him ask for suggestions at the hotel.
They'll know they current events. There are always current events.

Any list members still in Austin?

Tom