[OM] Re: Splitting the List

Subject: [OM] Re: Splitting the List
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:57:46 -0700
Curt Sampson wrote:

>>OT threads rise and fall like the tides. It's all part of some natural
>>rhythm, I think.
>>

>Not on all lists.

All my comments were about this list, not other lists. Asto what other
lists do, Frankly Curt, we don't give a damn. That's their business.

>I know of many where, despite a bit of socializing
>and what-not now and then, the vast majority of posts are on-topic, and
>thus, what everybody signed up for.

Sounds like you should be there.

>Not that I dislike you guys or anything, but if this is an "old friends
>who happen to use Olympus cameras" list, please describe it as that, not
>as a list for people who are interested in Olympus cameras.

Truth in advertising on the web. That'll be the day. Sorry we disappoint
you.

Curt Sampson wrote:

>Anyway, there's some interesting stuff on this list, but not enough to
>make it worth wading through all of the rubbish. It's not that it takes
>up all that much time, but like spam, it's irritating, and who wants to
>spend even a little time on this?

You don't. I do. Many others on the list seem to. Or was that a
rhetorical question? If so you could have asked and answered it without
posting it at all and avoided insulting a bunch of people who are not
intentionally trying to upset you or fail in meeting your expectations.

>Since my impression is that most of the people on the list prefer things
>this way, I think I'll be signing off now. But thanks for the little bit
>of info I did get here.

Thanks for dropping by. If there is something specific you need to know
about Oly cameras, drop by with a question. I've been all over the web
and there is more breadth and depth of such knowledge here than anywhere
else on the web, and by a considerable margin.

Sorry we don't have it all written up and indexed in a nice free book
for you. There are some pretty good books on the OM system out there.

Moose