[OM] Re: What to do with seagulls

Subject: [OM] Re: What to do with seagulls
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:09:20 -0400
on 2004/09/11 4:32 AM, Wayne Harridge at wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Could you please have a look at this image and give me some advice:
>
> http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/images/cn35-847-14-a.jpg
>
> On the left hand side in the sky area there is a "mark" which looks like
> a scratch or lint on the neg, in fact it is a seagull though you can't
> tell at this resolution.
>
> Should things like this be "cloned out" or left in ?

I concur with Moose, my general rule is: if it's going to look to the viewer
like a mistake, fix it or toss it. That goes as well for exposure, focus,
motion blur, whatever. If I want people to look at a photograph, it's up to
me to make sure I convey what I want to convey.

That's not a rigid rule (few things are) but almost always true.

Birds so often look like lint I try to either wait until they're out of the
frame or shoot when they look picturesque. :-)

Andrew