[OM] Re: (OM) Which print film?

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Which print film?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:37:28 -0700
If you haven't been through John Lind's wedding pages, go there right
away <http://johnlind.tripod.com/wedding/>. Even if you don't agree with
or use everything, it's an incredible resource from an experienced pro.
He discusses color film on page 3.

I believe printing B&W from color negs is likely to be a nightmare. If
the bride and groom insist on B&W and you don't already have experience
with scan, convert and print, shooting B&W film is the safest way.
Inkjet B&W printing is just not the same as color. If B&W is your idea
of something traditional or cool to do and not their idea, you might be
wise to skip it, do the wedding, then go out and do some B&W art
photography. An inexperienced photographer doing a wedding is busier
than a one legged man at a butt kickin' contest, and doesn't need any
extra stuff to keep track of and do. I think most weddings are shot in
color only these days?

Moose