[OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:15:06 +1000
Problem is that I skim through in OSX Mail and may only see the top. It
was the same when I used Eudora and I suspect similar in many other
programs on other platforms. If I'm in a hurry, I may not be bothered
to keep scrolling down again and again on several messages - and I do
have one or two other things to do (like tiling the cellar). Since you
succumbed to Michael's siren song, Chris, your replies have dropped off
the bottom of my screen. Of course, having me not reading replies may
be considered a positive benefit by some.
It's impossible to set a 'rule' for fear of solipsistic screams of
agony from some neo-Luddites who assume that netiquette rules were
struck on Mosaic tablets in the 1980's. For them, the Big-endian fleet
is always just over the horizon but on its way. I prefer omelettes
anyway. Do as you wish,  but remember that if it's longer than about
twenty lines total, then your pithy rejoinders, innovative suggestions
and withering witticisms may wander the ether unappreciated, having
dangled into the Slough of Despond.
AndrewF