[OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:33:51 +0100
On 4 Sep 2004, at 21:33, Michael Kopp wrote:

> At 18:45 +0100 4/9/04, Chris Barker wrote:
>
>> Thanks Piers, Andrew and AndrewF;  I thought as much...
>>
>> But for me top-posting makes better sense since it is the message I
>> wish to read, not necessarily the quote.  If then I wish to read the
>> quote I merely scroll down to the appropriate text.

snip

> I've written a complete reply to this thread in the other thread, Re:
> excessive quoting -- which is where the discussion was until someone
> decided to make it a new thread (sheesh!). I won't repeat it here.

snip
> Cheers from the Antipodes,
>
> Michael Kopp
> Wellington, New Zealand

You seem to be a good sport Michael,  so this is for you – in the
spirit of convention ... ;-)

I'll give it a go for a few weeks.

Chris
p.s. I refer of course to the convention that is a custom or an
agreement between persons; not that ghastly charade of a political
process that we see played out on our TV screens or hear on our radios.
cb

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.