[OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:20:33 +1200
At 22:33 +0100 4/9/04, Chris Barker wrote:

>On 4 Sep 2004, at 21:33, Michael Kopp wrote:
>
>>  At 18:45 +0100 4/9/04, Chris Barker wrote:
>>
>>>  Thanks Piers, Andrew and AndrewF;  I thought as much...
>>>
>>>  But for me top-posting makes better sense since it is the message I
>>>  wish to read, not necessarily the quote.  If then I wish to read the
>>>  quote I merely scroll down to the appropriate text.
>>>
>snip
>>
>>  I've written a complete reply to this thread in the other thread, Re:
>>  excessive quoting -- which is where the discussion was until someone
>>  decided to make it a new thread (sheesh!). I won't repeat it here.
>>

>snip

[snippage]

>You seem to be a good sport Michael,  so this is for you - in the
>spirit of convention ... ;-)
>
>I'll give it a go for a few weeks.

Oh, well done, Chris! Good show!

And I'll join in the spirit by clipping as much as I can (starting
with your sig and mine in your quotes, and your comment about the
American political conventions), which is unnecessary when using
bottom posting and proper reply quoting because the email programs
add the attribution if you hit "reply to all" to a list message.

Maybe we'll start a revolution here, Matey!

Cheers from the Antipodes

--
Michael Kopp
Wellington, New Zealand