[OM] Re: excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: excessive quoting
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 2:54 +0200
(Puts on list-mom hat)

Guys,

I propose a "compromize"...

Could we agree on trying to be a little better at snipping when we reply to
list-mails, for the benefit of digesters -- and of me, who frequently am
pulling the list through a GSM-modem (9600 baud) to chec that all is well?
(Actually, thisis poted over said 9600 baud GSM-modem.....)

 We could make the listserver enforce snipping (allowing only X% quoted
text pr mail) but I prefer to not have such constraints imposed on this
list. We've always been much more of a group of individuals than we've ben
into rules and procedures (which makes this a great list to be list-mom
for....).

As for top- or bottom-posting....my advise is to drop the subject. There
are for and against both, people are convinced either way -- and have heard
all arguments for each side before anyways.  Not many are going to change
how they do from this discussion, and I cannot envision enforcing a
restriction or reccomendation either way.

(List mom hat off)

I have been using my Pentax Optio S4 (4Mpixel digicam) for a while, but
dragged my (well, the CDFO's) now aged Olympus 3030z out of the drawer and
took a few pics. Despite the approx 1M fewer pixels, the photos are just
orders of magnitude better from the oly: crisper, clearer....I dunno,
perhaps a better lens or jpg-compression. But a very real demonstration
that pixel-count isn't everything...an eyeopener for me, to be sure.

Cheers,

--thomas

___
Sent with SnapperMail