[OM] Re: Glitzy hood - and - excessive quoting of meaningless text

Subject: [OM] Re: Glitzy hood - and - excessive quoting of meaningless text
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 18:41:50 +1200
Hi All

I actually prefer the screw-in rubber hoods - to my mind the only drawback is
that they sometimes get cross-threaded.

But the +ves are considerable, viz:
Bend and spring back into shape if crushed, rather than staying crushed and
therefore useless
Will not scratch anything else nearly so easily
Do not fall off the lens due to the clamp-screw being loose
There is no clamp screw to break or fall out and get lost.

These all by far outweigh any negative features, to my mind.

Wayne Culberson wrote

> Actually, I've kind of grown used to gripping the edge of my screw-in rubber
> hood to turn the polarizer. But the part about mounting faster is true. Maybe
> I'll come to like it; who knows? This list is famous for talking me into
> liking
> new things. Hey, after several months of ownership, I'm actually starting to
> like some things about the C5050.

AND

The way I do the replies is to:
*highlight and copy the part of the text I want to use in my reply,
*double-click the address of the sender (this starts a new message to send),
*paste in the text off the clipboard to the body of the new message,
new message Subject line,
*go to the "Send to" line, call up Listar from the e-mail recent history
addresses and paste the OM listar address in.
*Write what ever it is I want to, and
*send it off.

This uses only the text I decide to use, and nothing else.

Dead simple, and very economical of space. Wasted space that clogs my
hard-drive for no good reason is a considerable irritation to me.

Pegasus e-mail program, (written in Dunedin, NZ) is brilliant and has the very
considerable advantage that it is not subject to the virus-facilitation that
M/Soft programs are.

Brian, also in NZ