[OM] Re: Death of icons.

Subject: [OM] Re: Death of icons.
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:58:41 -0300
CB got a full page write up in the 7 - 13 August [north American] edition of
The Economist which some listees may have read.

Says the article "The man who first inspired Mr Cartier-Bresson was a
photographer called Martin Munkacsi, whose picture of naked African boys
running into Lake Tanganyika in 1931 persuaded him to take photography
seriously. "I couldn't believe that such a thing could be caught on camera,"
he said, "so I grabbed my Leica and went out into the street."

The Economist's article is accompanied by a copy of CB's photo looking down
a circular flight of steps with an out of focus cyclist peddling his way
along the street in the near distance ............ simply a magical photo if
ever there was one.

Perhaps CB's Leica was programmed to trip the shutter at the most exquisite
moment.

jh