[OM] Re: Death of icons.

Subject: [OM] Re: Death of icons.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:57:31 -0700
I'll bet Walt is glad to have the pressure off.  :-)   And welcome back
anyway.

I don't know what you grew up with. I grew up with egg confections that
were whipped to a fair thee well, to make them "light and fluffy", I
suppose, then overcooked so they had a rubbery quality and unappetizing,
to me, at any rate, consistency. They were often filled with processed
cheese. They bore almost no relationship to the glorious, delicate
things Julia showed me how to make. It wasn't just my mother, by the
way, I got the same junk at restaurants and other peoples homes. I don't
know if it was just a western US disease, but they still lurk out there
in some diners.

Moose