[OM] Re: Spirit levels.

Subject: [OM] Re: Spirit levels.
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:58:45 -0300
on 13/08/2004 01:26, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Walt Wayman wrote:
>
>> I have never seen a Bogen/Manfrotto 410 head.  :-(  I assumed, based on what
>> little I knew, that it was just the junior version of the 405.  The 405 will
>> flop over for portrait orientation in either direction.  It just depends on
>> which of the three knobby thingies you twist and which way you twist it, or
>> them, and which way you rotate the whole apparatus to flip the camera either
>> to one side or the other.
>>
> On the 405, you have to rotate the camera 180 degrees on the QR plate,
> then you can go the other way. But then the controls are around on the
> front when looking through the viewfinder and my learned movements to
> adjust it are all messed up. I'm thinking about just switching to that
> mode all the time and getting used to it.
>
> Moose

Hi Moose and Walt,

Things get a little more complicated using the Manfrotto 141RC head, if you
have a Winder attached. Screwing the QuickRelesase plate to the 85~250
collar and rotating 180 degrees will do, there is just enough clearance for
the Winder; but there is none for the 65~116 :-(
It's a PITA to uninstall the Winder just to see if one shot could be framed.
OTOH, the141RC (old style, with large all-black knobs) is such a beautiful
thing...

Fernando.