[OM] Re: Spirit levels.

Subject: [OM] Re: Spirit levels.
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:38:01 +0200

Gareth,
Buy the spirit level.  Get one that has two separate levels for the two
axes (some of your landscape pictures could be in portrait orientation!)
The level on my tripod (Manfrotto 410 geared head) is a circular one and I
find it useless in most circumstances.
br
Jez

                      "Gareth.J.Martin

                      "                        To:      olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

                      <g.j.martin@bris         cc:

                      tol.ac.uk>               Subject: [OM] Spirit levels.

                      Sent by:

                      olympus-owner@ml

                      .free.fr

                      11/08/2004 11:58

                      Please respond

                      to olympus

Dear All,
          I've been pondering purchasing one of the spirit levels which
fit in camera hotshoes for my landscape photography as a stop-gap before
I purchase a new tripod, hopefully with an in-built spirit level in the
head. I was thinking about the detachable nature of the shoe used by my
OM-1n and since it is not part of the camera and can move around whether
or not this would add an error to the level indicated by the spirit
level. Has anyone had any experience with this problem?

All the best,
Gareth.