[OM] Re: Doing it RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: Doing it RAW
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:25:20 -0700 (PDT)
> At the
> moment, I prefer digital images made from slides.  I can't
> quite figure out
> why.  There seems to be more "tooth" to the image and more of
> a sense of
> depth and dimension.

I'm finding that some mild local contrast enhancement using USM
is just what the doctor ordered.  I agree with the "tooth" bit.
Me thinks it has something to do with the straight-line section
of the response curves.  Playing around with the curves
sometimes adds that bite that you're looking for.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail