[OM] Re: Doing it RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: Doing it RAW
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:34:23 -0700
It sounds like you are on the right track. Most converters have a
default that applies the in camera settings automatically. My
experience is that the camera gets the white balance right most of the
time, although I sometimes have to move the warmth slider a bit on a
cloudy day. Not accurate, but more pleasing. My recommendation is that
unless you are shooting jpeg to turn off sharpening in the camera and
do it all in Photoshop. Your images will end up being lots more natural
looking, or at least more film like.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA