[OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.

Subject: [OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:28:49 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>>OTOH, the 300D body feels much better, although no 'Pro' specs here.
>>

>Specs can be upgraded. There is a bandit firmware upgrade that pretty
>much restores most of functions to 10D level. Do a search on the 300D
>forum at dpreview.com.

Thanks! Looks like an very useful and safe upgrade. An excellent source
of info about it and much more accessable than browsing endless fourms
is here
<http://www.bahneman.com/liem/photos/tricks/digital-rebel-tricks.html>.
It has some other useful info too. Of course, I've downloaded the
current firmware version from Can*n so I can switch back, if needed.
This is where to download the firmware
<http://satinfo.narod.ru/en/download.html>.  Use the mirror site, it was
much faster. If you don't have something to uncompress the .rar file,
ask me off list, I did find a free way.

Moose