[OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.

Subject: [OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:05:18 -0700
Tom Scales wrote:

>I may be banished from the list, but.....

Well, I'd vote against that!

>I didn't care. I love(d) my Zuikos, but Nikon makes fine lenses.

Sure do.

>And they meter!

Sure do. But it would be a huge expenditure to upgrade all my specialty
lenses in OM, Adaptall2 and T mounts. Of course, I could get a different
T mount adapter for the 1000/11, but couldn't TTL meter, and what use
are my hand-held meters for that. Of course, I could apend a few hundred
more $ for a 1 deg. spot meter. I still couldn't use the 600/8 OM mount,
my bellows of 65-116 with the 135/4.5, etc without the separate meter.

In the longer run, when the market settles a bit, the fate of the 4/3
system(s) is clearer and I settle on a system, I'll start investing in
lenses for that system. In the meantime, I honor your choice and am
happy with mine. Actually, with the addition of flash exposure
adjustment, mirror lockup, one-shot AF, iso 3200 and other little 10D
goddies through the unofficial firmware update, I'll be even happier.
Both C and N make some mighty fine equipment.

Moose still hanging onto those OMs too.