[OM] Re: E1 ultrasonic sensor dust removal

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 ultrasonic sensor dust removal
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:23:46 -0700
As to getting a higher dpi scanner, I've thought about it. But so far,
I've not felt anything lacking in the scans from my 2720dpi scanner. I
can see where more detail would be available, but have to ask where it
would show up as improved results in what I do. Also, I just spent a
fair amount (although less than you have) on a DSLR and while I'm
learning what I can do with it, I probably won't be doing a lot of 35mm
film scanning.

What I'm thinking about next is a scanner for all the old B&W pics in
the family album. Many were shot with an old Kodak folding camera in 6x9
format, with many later ones in 6x6. What's amazing is that my mother
carefully put the negs under the mounted photos, so something better
than the prints is saved. It sould be nice to give my siblings each
copies, and maybe a selected album for the grandkids. I certainly don't
need a super high res scanner, but do need medium format. I've thought
about a used HP Photosmart S20, but would love input from those with
experience with MF scanners.

Moose