[OM] Re: E1 ultrasonic sensor dust removal

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 ultrasonic sensor dust removal
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:04:52 -0700
I've never used ICE. However, samples on the web of scans of the same
image on the same scanner with and without it showed a definite, if
sublte softening of the image. That's one reason I bought a scanner that
doesn't have it and has a light source that doesn't tend to accentuate
dust and other flaws. Maybe that's at least one reason why my upsampled
2700dpi scan seemed competitive in sharpness and detail to your 5400dpi
scan of an iris? Have you tried with and without ICE in detail
comparison for sharpness and detail?

Moose