[OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?
From: "Alienspecimen" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:16:09 -0400 (EDT)

AG wrote
...Now for the ultimate test, let's see ANY digital do a 3 hour
time-exposure....
I writes:
This and one more are the exact reasons I am not even looking to buy a didge
yet.  I am sure that camera exists, but I am not willing to pay the hefty price
to have an slr that would take long exposures and endure colds as well as my
OM1 does.
This winter, before I left Connecticut, I went and took a picture of my
favorite lighthouse in -25F temperatures.  I cannot tell you what the windchill
was, but was uncomfortable from time to time even for me (I am a polar bear...:)
I put the camera on a tripod and in the period of about half an hour I took a
roll of film.  Stupid me, I attempted to rewind it at the end and it shattered
inside.  Angry and twice as stupid, I just opened the camera and took it out...
I doubt that the regular didge would be able to sustain the conditions I shoot
in...the ones that can...well, I don't like their price.
Boris

Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com