[OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, Digital, Wherefore Art Thou?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:49:01 -0700
You don't have to yell, Walt.

Just for a little more fun, and to get into the spirit of oldies and
goodies hat Walt started this with, I've mixed a lens older than Walt's
Takumar with the latest digital...

Some may recall my odessy to try out a 50ish year old Carl Zeiss Jena
Tessar. It all started ages ago during a discussion of bokeh and number
of aperture blades. I even went so far as to buy a really nice, newly
CLAed Fujica ST605n*, but the lens has an odd extention that won't fit
any screw mount body I've tried. So I gave up for a while. Since I have
an M42 to EOS adapter I use with an M42 Adaptall2, I realized I might
finally be able to use this lens. First try didn't work, wild
overexposure. Peering at camera and adapter, I sam that the adapter was
probably touching a couple of the electronic contacts. A little tape for
insulation and, voilá, it works!

So I've added to my "Walt's Challenge" site a couple of shots with this
oldie, one with a flat, high contrast subject and one of a 3D, soft and
fuzzy subject. The lens looks pretty good, Enjoy
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/WaltChall/>!

Moose

* for sale, and it's a real beauty for anyone wanting an M42 body.