[OM] Re: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4

Subject: [OM] Re: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:10:31 -0700
The 35-70/3.6 was multi-coated when introduced, so yours will be too.

I think all Zuiko zooms except the 75-150/4 were only produced
multi-coated. The 75-150 was introduced in 1973. The next 2 zooms, the
35-70/3.6 and the 85-250/5, were introduced in 1979 and were
multi-coated from the start. The next zooms were introduced in 1982, by
which time Oly was well into MC. Although there are some questions
raised by some of the lens system booklets, I don't believe they
produced complex, multi-element lenses without at least partial MC that
late. Oly never seemed to like the hype aspect of MC and dropped the MC
designation once it was clear that all lenses were MC. They also never
said anything about the number of surfaces that were MC. I think they
felt at that time that they were doing everything possible with current
technology to produce excellent optics and blather about fully MC, super
MC, etc. was just marketing that didn't relate to performance.

Moose