[OM] Re: I've done it again. auto bellows

Subject: [OM] Re: I've done it again. auto bellows
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:21:23 -0700
Some really nice shots!

You can get the closer focus you want  by adding an extension tube
between the camera and the 65-116. I believe Oly doesn't recommend this,
but it will usually work. First, don't put the extension tube in front
of the 65-116, where it will add extra weight and leverage. Second, make
sure the 2 step auto diaphragm linkage is stopping the lens down
properly. Third, although I don't know if strictly necessary, I mount
the tripod to the 65-116, not the camera. If yours doesn't have the
tripod mount, John still has them available, although the price has gone
up <http://zuiko.com/Whatsleft.htm>.

Since 135mm of extension is needed for 1:1 and the 65-116 has a max of
116mm, 19mm of additional extension is needed. Unless you really need
1:1, the Oly 14mm tube should do for the kind of shots you seem to like.
The non-Oly tube sets have both 12 and 20mm tubes.

The other, and more proper, solution is the auto bellows. It's a little
more awkward than the 65-116, but actually not much when working with a
tripod. I've even used it hand held with the 135/4.5 a couple of times.

Moose