[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:33:35 -0400
I have an ancient 550MgHz computer and just added a Belkin PCI card with three
USB 2.0 and two Firewire ports.  I also bought a Lexar USB 2.0 reader.  In fact
I switched my E-1 connection to Firewire, and my Epson 2200 connection to
Firewire, all of which work much faster than before.  Highly recommended and
cheap.

Before USB 2.0, it was painfully slow pulling 1 Gig off a CF card, taking 20
minutes!  Now, something like 1-2 minutes for the whole card.

Skip