[OM] recent experience in Boston, USA

Subject: [OM] recent experience in Boston, USA
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:16:47 -0300
In spite of receiving much advice on what to see and where to go, I limited
myself to terminals B and E of Logan Airport, a concrete jungle the size of
a small city!

Senators Edwards' and Kerry's brightly decorated presidential campaign A320
Airbus or 767 taxied into Logan late yesterday afternoon eclipsed in size
only by a trio of oversized stretched 747s from Virgin Atlantic, Dragonair
Cargo and BA. The press in the UK mentioned that this week's Democratic
convention in Boston was resulting in unprecedented security precautions and
shut downs of the city.

A beer or two in Sams Bar at Logan looked to be a better option than
fighting downtown security close downs.

My experience with US Customs and security  was positive to say the least;
perhaps Canada Customs should take some lessons. I asked for hand
inspections of film and film loaded camera and received same. The politeness
and consideration of the gentleman who did the inspection on the outward
trip to the UK was equal to that of a conceirge or maitre'd at a five star
hotel.In short, a very positive experience on both trips thru US Customs and
security.

John Hudson
Nova Scotia, Canada