[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:57:16 -0700
The "rate" is really something artificial like a comparison to some
earlier iteration I think. Actual testing is the only way to go. Actual
write times do not vary nearly as much as the "rate". The 80X test is
in process according to something on his site. But the camera seems to
be as important. Place in the speed list changes according to the
camera the CF is tested in. Some cameras write faster to microdrives
and some write faster to CF. For what it is worth, for a long time
Nikon who tests CFs in their cameras did not recommend Sandisk at all.
But I see that recently they have added a couple of Sandisk models to
their list of recommended CFs. Lexar has been throwing in a free USB
card reader with their WA CFs along with file recovery software. Don't
know about Sandisk.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA