[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:14:37 -0400
I think you will be happy with this camera, its responsiveness, and
I think it has a 4 frame buffer, meaning you should be able to click
off 4 shots in raw mode before you hit the flash card write time.
I have a 5060 on the order page at B&H, And I have the E-1 And
a 5050. I haven't decided yet. Mostly I need a better underwater
camera. The 5050 is just too slow. In raw mode the 5050 sits in
busy mode for tooooo long. There are just times when you
just need a smaller camera. You will be surprised at new ways
of using the camera. It would be neat if there was a computer
control mode like the E-1.

And the little IR remote is cool, and works with an E-1 should
you purchase it. The most vibration free cable release. Set the
camera on a tripod and take a series of shots using the remote.
Makes for interesting animation. Why the remote will come
standard with a 5060 and not an E-1 puzzles me.

My first digi was the 5050. I went a year before jumping to the E-1.
The ergonomics of Olympus cameras, like the 5050 convinced
me they still know something about camera design and tradeoffs.
Yeah you will probably have it in iso 80 most of the time, but,
what film do you normally shoot? I dropped the 5050 onto the
pavement once - some scratches, popped one of the battery
door plastic clips, but the camera works just fine. I normally keep
the CLA-1 extension tube on for protecting the lens. I assume
there is similar for the 5060? I like the lithium ion battery
over AA batteries, others may disagree.

Now let's see, FL-50 flash, 2gb flash card, flash bracket handle,
flash remote cord, battery grip, telephoto lens adapter, extra
BLM-1 backup battery... what else can we sell you?

Remember, the smaller sensor means F4 DOF may be more
like F8 in 35mm. Not sure the exact relationship.

Wayne