[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: "Alienspecimen" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:02:19 -0400 (EDT)

I am aware that I recommended to Joel more expensive camera than the E1, but I
also had the impression that he sells some of his work.
My recommendation was also based on the interview with William Neill in Digital
Photo Pro magazine in which he states that the quality of pix coming out of his
DSLR is almost as good as that of LF.  In addition, he also has the tools to
further play with his images, so they could be enlarged as much as LF images.
In his words:  " I am not going to have people say "Oh, that's digital and
that's film..." (at my exhibit)
Makes sense to fork up the extra cash for someone that sells his images (buy
the way, W. Neill contributes his relative late entry into digital domain to
cost concerns...for the most part).  You and I know that at art fairs the
biggest and most colorful images sell the fastest...:)
I also mentioned the political correctness, because this is an Olympus list and
sometimes people "jump at ya" for being off topic and because from reading it
all these years, I know that most of you feel betrayed by the company...
Ciao
Boris
P.S. Read the article if you get a chance.  Very interesting.  He even goes
further to say that Ansel Adams liked digital better...

Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com