[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:01:29 -0500
Boris wrote:
> I am aware that I recommended to Joel more expensive camera
> than the E1, but I also had the impression that he sells some
> of his work.

Yes, but not enough to get the government involved and it's not my day
job. I also have SWMBO involved in camera purchases. :(

> My recommendation was also based on the interview with
> William Neill in Digital Photo Pro magazine in which he
> states that the quality of pix coming out of his DSLR is
> almost as good as that of LF.  In addition, he also has the
> tools to further play with his images, so they could be
> enlarged as much as LF images.  In his words:  " I am not
> going to have people say "Oh, that's digital and that's
> film..." (at my exhibit)

I figured that was what you meant about LF.  I really wish a third party
would come up with a universal DSLR with full 35mm-sides sensor.  For
about $400USD. ;^)

> I also mentioned the political correctness, because this is
> an Olympus list and sometimes people "jump at ya" for being
> off topic and because from reading it all these years, I know
> that most of you feel betrayed by the company...
> Ciao
> Boris

As the days pass and I watch the E-1 take hold, I feel less disappointed
in Olympus' decisions. They didn't create this transition we're
experiencing.  They've contributed to it, of course, but with many
interesting twists. I hope they succeed, and in that success continue to
be Olympus.

Joel W.