[OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:17:24 -0700

On Jul 23, 2004, at 12:15 PM, W Shumaker wrote:

> I'm not sure if I would prefer an 8080 over a 5060. I want clean
> pixels over lots of them.

That would be true if the sensors were the same size, but the sensor on
the 5060 is smaller. According to dpreview.com their noise levels(clean
pixels) are about the same.

>  Do you like electronic
> viewfinders?

EVFs are ugly things, but they do show what the lens sees unlike the
optical tunnel viewfinder that is more common typically showing only 70
to 80 percent of the frame and varying according to zoom and having no
parallax correction.

> The next iteration of the E-1 may be more pixels, but will they be
> as low noise.

No doubt a dslr wins on all counts except size and weight. The next E
camera has already been signalled by Olympus and will be a bargain
version of the E-1. Probably same sensor, maybe a plastic body and
minus some of the features like the dust shaker.